We are a dedicated team of conservators, stone masons and traditional craftsmen who are under the direction of ICON accredited conservator Michael Sheppard. Our team provides practical treatment solutions and specification of works for all those responsible for historic buildings and monuments. We specialise in stone surfaces, lime mortars and decorative elements including gilded and painted polychrome decoration.
Practical Treatment Options:Stone cleaning with various techniques including DOFF cleaning and specialist poultices
- Stone masonry repairs, carving and fixing
- Stone indent repairs and lime mortar repairs
- Lime plaster and render repairs and new complete installations
- Lime pointing and brickwork repairs
- Decorative surface cleaning and restoration including gilding and painted applications
- Condition reports and specification of treatments and materials
Projects We UndertakeWar memorial restoration and war memorial cleaning.
- Statue cleaning and repairs.
- Limewashing applications.
- Stone masonry indents and stone unit fixing.
- Lime pointing and stone garden walling.
- Lime render restoration.
...and many other types of work so please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Setting The Standard
We offer a comprehensive project management service for our clients and have been praised for our diligent work ethic. Here at Inspire we are proud that we will go the extra mile for the projects we are involved with. We have a healthy blend of professional level service and a family run approach for our clients which we find achieves the highest level of success. Our company and staff are accredited with various health and safety awards and professional certifications which are all available as part of our service to you.
Visit our shop here!
Widespread biological growth had been building up on the surface of these fine Italian sculptures. They were also in need of some sensitive repair to safeguard their condition over the coming winter. Inspire Conservation gently cleaned the statues, assessed their condition and then made some necessary lime repairs. The appearance of the sculptures was transformed and can now be fully appreciated by weekend visitors to Brodsworth Hall. Inspire work also means that the statues are now in a much more stable condition to face the winter.